- To manage or conduct, as public affairs; to direct
or superintend the execution, application, or conduct of; as, to
administer the government or the state.
- To dispense; to serve out; to supply; execute; as,
to administer relief, to administer the sacrament.
- To apply, as medicine or a remedy; to give, as a
dose or something beneficial or suitable. Extended to a blow, a
- To tender, as an oath.
- To settle, as the estate of one who dies without a
will, or whose will fails of an executor.
- To contribute; to bring aid or supplies; to conduce;
- To perform the office of administrator; to act
officially; as, A administers upon the estate of B.