- The act of adding two or more things together; -- opposed
to subtraction or diminution.
- Anything added; increase; augmentation; as, a piazza is
an addition to a building.
- That part of arithmetic which treats of adding numbers.
- A dot at the right side of a note as an indication that
its sound is to be lengthened one half.
- A title annexed to a man's name, to identify him more
precisely; as, John Doe, Esq.; Richard Roe, Gent.; Robert Dale, Mason;
Thomas Way, of New York; a mark of distinction; a title.
- Something added to a coat of arms, as a mark of honor; --
opposed to abatement.