- To give notice to by waving something; to wave the hand
to; to beckon.
- To cause to move or go in a wavy manner, or by the impulse
of waves, as of water or air; to bear along on a buoyant medium; as, a
balloon was wafted over the channel.
- To cause to float; to keep from sinking; to buoy.
- To be moved, or to pass, on a buoyant medium; to float.
- A wave or current of wind.
- A signal made by waving something, as a flag, in the air.
- An unpleasant flavor.
- A knot, or stop, in the middle of a flag.