- Sale; opportunity to sell; market.
- A baiting place; an inn.
- A small aperture; a hole or passage for air or any fluid to
escape; as, the vent of a cask; the vent of a mold; a volcanic vent.
- The anal opening of certain invertebrates and fishes; also,
the external cloacal opening of reptiles, birds, amphibians, and many
- The opening at the breech of a firearm, through which fire is
communicated to the powder of the charge; touchhole.
- Sectional area of the passage for gases divided by the length
of the same passage in feet.
- Fig.: Opportunity of escape or passage from confinement or
- Emission; escape; passage to notice or expression;
- To sell; to vend.
- To let out at a vent, or small aperture; to give passage
or outlet to.
- To suffer to escape from confinement; to let out; to
utter; to pour forth; as, to vent passion or complaint.
- To utter; to report; to publish.
- To scent, as a hound.
- To furnish with a vent; to make a vent in; as, to vent. a
- To snuff; to breathe or puff out; to snort.