- To bear, carry, or remove, from one place to another;
to transfer; as, to translate a tree.
- To change to another condition, position, place, or
office; to transfer; hence, to remove as by death.
- To remove to heaven without a natural death.
- To remove, as a bishop, from one see to another.
- To render into another language; to express the sense
of in the words of another language; to interpret; hence, to explain or
recapitulate in other words.
- To change into another form; to transform.
- To cause to remove from one part of the body to
another; as, to translate a disease.
- To cause to lose senses or recollection; to entrance.
- To make a translation; to be engaged in translation.