- One of the ends of weaver's threads; hence, any soft, short
threads or tufts resembling these.
- Any coarse yarn; an unraveled strand of rope.
- A threadlike part of a flower; a stamen.
- A shove out of place; a small displacement or fault along a
- A mat made of canvas and tufts of yarn.
- To furnish with thrums; to insert tufts in; to fringe.
- To insert short pieces of rope-yarn or spun yarn in; as,
to thrum a piece of canvas, or a mat, thus making a rough or tufted
- To play, as a stringed instrument, in a rude or
- Hence, to drum on; to strike in a monotonous manner; to
thrum the table.
- To play rudely or monotonously on a stringed instrument
with the fingers; to strum.
- Hence, to make a monotonous drumming noise; as, to thrum
on a table.