- The bony and cartilaginous framework which supports the
soft parts of a vertebrate animal.
- The more or less firm or hardened framework of an
- A very thin or lean person.
- The framework of anything; the principal parts that
support the rest, but without the appendages.
- The heads and outline of a literary production,
especially of a sermon.
- Consisting of, or resembling, a skeleton; consisting
merely of the framework or outlines; having only certain leading
features of anything; as, a skeleton sermon; a skeleton crystal.