a. & adv.
- Rough; stern; angry.
- A noisy, turbulent quarrel or disturbance; a brawl.
- A series of persons or things arranged in a continued line; a
line; a rank; a file; as, a row of trees; a row of houses or columns.
- The act of rowing; excursion in a rowboat.
- To propel with oars, as a boat or vessel, along the surface
of water; as, to row a boat.
- To transport in a boat propelled with oars; as, to row the
captain ashore in his barge.
- To use the oar; as, to row well.
- To be moved by oars; as, the boat rows easily.