- To bring back to its former state; to bring back from a
state of ruin, decay, disease, or the like; to repair; to renew; to
- To give or bring back, as that which has been lost., or
taken away; to bring back to the owner; to replace.
- To renew; to reestablish; as, to restore harmony among
those who are variance.
- To give in place of, or as satisfaction for.
- To make good; to make amends for.
- To bring back from a state of injury or decay, or from
a changed condition; as, to restore a painting, statue, etc.
- To form a picture or model of, as of something lost or
mutilated; as, to restore a ruined building, city, or the like.