- To utter articulately; to speak out or distinctly; to
utter, as words or syllables; to speak with the proper sound and accent
as, adults rarely learn to pronounce a foreign language correctly.
- To utter officially or solemnly; to deliver, as a
decree or sentence; as, to pronounce sentence of death.
- To speak or utter rhetorically; to deliver; to
recite; as, to pronounce an oration.
- To declare or affirm; as, he pronounced the book to
be a libel; he pronounced the act to be a fraud.
- To give a pronunciation; to articulate; as, to
- To make declaration; to utter on opinion; to speak
- Pronouncement; declaration; pronunciation.