p. pr. & vb. n.
- of Part
- Serving to part; dividing; separating.
- Given when departing; as, a parting shot; a parting
- Admitting of being parted; partible.
- The act of parting or dividing; the state of being parted;
- A separation; a leave-taking.
- A surface or line of separation where a division occurs.
- The surface of the sand of one section of a mold where it
meets that of another section.
- The separation and determination of alloys; esp., the
separation, as by acids, of gold from silver in the assay button.
- A joint or fissure, as in a coal seam.
- The breaking, as of a cable, by violence.
- Lamellar separation in a crystallized mineral, due to some
other cause than cleavage, as to the presence of twinning lamellae.