- To use the hands or fingers in toying; to make caressing
- To dabble in water with hands or feet; to use a paddle,
or something which serves as a paddle, in swimming, in paddling a boat,
- An implement with a broad blade, which is used without a
fixed fulcrum in propelling and steering canoes and boats.
- The broad part of a paddle, with which the stroke is
made; hence, any short, broad blade, resembling that of a paddle.
- One of the broad boards, or floats, at the circumference
of a water wheel, or paddle wheel.
- A small gate in sluices or lock gates to admit or let
off water; -- also called clough.
- A paddle-shaped foot, as of the sea turtle.
- A paddle-shaped implement for string or mixing.
- See Paddle staff (b), below.
- To pat or stroke amorously, or gently.
- To propel with, or as with, a paddle or paddles.
- To pad; to tread upon; to trample.