- Covered over, shaded, or darkened; destitute of
light; imperfectly illuminated; dusky; dim.
- Of or pertaining to darkness or night; inconspicuous
to the sight; indistinctly seen; hidden; retired; remote from
- Not noticeable; humble; mean.
- Not easily understood; not clear or legible; abstruse
or blind; as, an obscure passage or inscription.
- Not clear, full, or distinct; clouded; imperfect; as,
an obscure view of remote objects.
- To render obscure; to darken; to make dim; to keep in the
dark; to hide; to make less visible, intelligible, legible, glorious,
beautiful, or illustrious.
- To conceal one's self; to hide; to keep dark.