- Not erect or perpendicular; neither parallel to, nor at
right angles from, the base; slanting; inclined.
- Not straightforward; indirect; obscure; hence,
disingenuous; underhand; perverse; sinister.
- Not direct in descent; not following the line of father
and son; collateral.
- An oblique line.
- To deviate from a perpendicular line; to move in an
- To march in a direction oblique to the line of the
column or platoon; -- formerly accomplished by oblique steps, now by
direct steps, the men half-facing either to the right or left.