n. sing. & pl.
- Cattle of the genus Bos, as distinguished from
horses, sheep, and goats; an animal of the genus Bos; as, a neat's
tongue; a neat's foot.
- Of or pertaining to the genus Bos, or to cattle of that
genus; as, neat cattle.
- Free from that which soils, defiles, or disorders; clean;
- Free from what is unbecoming, inappropriate, or tawdry;
simple and becoming; pleasing with simplicity; tasteful; chaste; as, a
neat style; a neat dress.
- Free from admixture or adulteration; good of its kind; as,
- Excellent in character, skill, or performance, etc.; nice;
finished; adroit; as, a neat design; a neat thief.
- With all deductions or allowances made; net. [In this sense
usually written net. See Net, a., 3.]