- Arising by birth; having an origin; born.
- Of or pertaining to one's birth; natal; belonging to the
place or the circumstances in which one is born; -- opposed to foreign;
as, native land, language, color, etc.
- Born in the region in which one lives; as, a native
inhabitant, race; grown or originating in the region where used or
sold; not foreign or imported; as, native oysters, or strawberries.
- Original; constituting the original substance of anything;
as, native dust.
- Conferred by birth; derived from origin; born with one;
inherent; inborn; not acquired; as, native genius, cheerfulness,
simplicity, rights, etc.
- Naturally related; cognate; connected (with).
- Found in nature uncombined with other elements; as, native
- Found in nature; not artificial; as native sodium chloride.
- One who, or that which, is born in a place or country
referred to; a denizen by birth; an animal, a fruit, or vegetable,
produced in a certain region; as, a native of France.
- Any of the live stock found in a region, as distinguished
from such as belong to pure and distinct imported breeds.