- Having the qualities fabled to belong to the god
Mercury; swift; active; sprightly; fickle; volatile; changeable; as, a
mercurial youth; a mercurial temperament.
- Having the form or image of Mercury; -- applied to
- Of or pertaining to Mercury as the god of trade; hence,
- Of or pertaining to, or containing, mercury; as,
mercurial preparations, barometer. See Mercury, 2.
- Caused by the use of mercury; as, mercurial sore mouth.
- A person having mercurial qualities.
- A preparation containing mercury.