- The act or state of knowing; clear perception of
fact, truth, or duty; certain apprehension; familiar cognizance;
- That which is or may be known; the object of an act
of knowing; a cognition; -- chiefly used in the plural.
- That which is gained and preserved by knowing;
instruction; acquaintance; enlightenment; learning; scholarship;
- That familiarity which is gained by actual
experience; practical skill; as, a knowledge of life.
- Scope of information; cognizance; notice; as, it has
not come to my knowledge.
- Sexual intercourse; -- usually preceded by carnal;
as, carnal knowledge.
- To acknowledge.