- To perceive or apprehend clearly and certainly; to
understand; to have full information of; as, to know one's duty.
- To be convinced of the truth of; to be fully assured of;
as, to know things from information.
- To be acquainted with; to be no stranger to; to be more or
less familiar with the person, character, etc., of; to possess
experience of; as, to know an author; to know the rules of an
- To recognize; to distinguish; to discern the character of;
as, to know a person's face or figure.
- To have sexual commerce with.
- To have knowledge; to have a clear and certain perception;
to possess wisdom, instruction, or information; -- often with of.
- To be assured; to feel confident.