- A kind of frock for children.
- See Jamb.
- A mass of people or objects crowded together; also, the
pressure from a crowd; a crush; as, a jam in a street; a jam of logs in
- An injury caused by jamming.
- A preserve of fruit boiled with sugar and water; as, raspberry
jam; currant jam; grape jam.
- To press into a close or tight position; to crowd; to
squeeze; to wedge in.
- To crush or bruise; as, to jam a finger in the crack of a
- To bring (a vessel) so close to the wind that half her
upper sails are laid aback.