- A station for rest and entertainment; a place of security
and comfort; a refuge; a shelter.
- Specif.: A lodging place; an inn.
- The mansion of a heavenly body.
- A portion of a sea, a lake, or other large body of water,
either landlocked or artificially protected so as to be a place of
safety for vessels in stormy weather; a port or haven.
- A mixing box materials.
- To afford lodging to; to enter as guest; to receive; to
give a refuge to; indulge or cherish (a thought or feeling, esp. an ill
- To lodge, or abide for a time; to take shelter, as in a