- A festival; a holiday; a solemn, or more commonly, a joyous,
- A festive or joyous meal; a grand, ceremonious, or sumptuous
entertainment, of which many guests partake; a banquet characterized by
tempting variety and abundance of food.
- That which is partaken of, or shared in, with delight;
something highly agreeable; entertainment.
- To eat sumptuously; to dine or sup on rich provisions,
particularly in large companies, and on public festivals.
- To be highly gratified or delighted.
- To entertain with sumptuous provisions; to treat at the
table bountifully; as, he was feasted by the king.
- To delight; to gratify; as, to feast the soul.