- A Feigned story or tale, intended to instruct or amuse; a
fictitious narration intended to enforce some useful truth or precept;
an apologue. See the Note under Apologue.
- The plot, story, or connected series of events, forming the
subject of an epic or dramatic poem.
- Any story told to excite wonder; common talk; the theme of
- Fiction; untruth; falsehood.
- To compose fables; hence, to write or speak fiction ; to
write or utter what is not true.
- To feign; to invent; to devise, and speak of, as true or
real; to tell of falsely.