- Execution; performance; realization; operation; as, the law
goes into effect in May.
- Manifestation; expression; sign.
- In general: That which is produced by an agent or cause;
the event which follows immediately from an antecedent, called the
cause; result; consequence; outcome; fruit; as, the effect of luxury.
- Impression left on the mind; sensation produced.
- Power to produce results; efficiency; force; importance;
account; as, to speak with effect.
- Consequence intended; purpose; meaning; general intent; --
- The purport; the sum and substance.
- Reality; actual meaning; fact, as distinguished from mere
- Goods; movables; personal estate; -- sometimes used to
embrace real as well as personal property; as, the people escaped from
the town with their effects.
- To produce, as a cause or agent; to cause to be.
- To bring to pass; to execute; to enforce; to achieve; to