- One of the terminal divisions of a limb appendage; a finger
- A finger's breadth, commonly estimated to be three fourths
of an inch.
- One of the ten figures or symbols, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,
8, 9, by which all numbers are expressed; -- so called because of the
use of the fingers in counting and computing.
- One twelfth part of the diameter of the sun or moon; -- a
term used to express the quantity of an eclipse; as, an eclipse of
eight digits is one which hides two thirds of the diameter of the disk.
- To point at or out with the finger.