- A plane figure, bounded by a single curve line called its
circumference, every part of which is equally distant from a point
within it, called the center.
- The line that bounds such a figure; a circumference; a
- An instrument of observation, the graduated limb of which
consists of an entire circle.
- A round body; a sphere; an orb.
- Compass; circuit; inclosure.
- A company assembled, or conceived to assemble, about a
central point of interest, or bound by a common tie; a class or
division of society; a coterie; a set.
- A circular group of persons; a ring.
- A series ending where it begins, and repeating itself.
- A form of argument in which two or more unproved statements
are used to prove each other; inconclusive reasoning.
- Indirect form of words; circumlocution.
- A territorial division or district.
- To move around; to revolve around.
- To encompass, as by a circle; to surround; to inclose; to
- To move circularly; to form a circle; to circulate.