- Without clothes or covering; stripped of the usual covering;
naked; as, his body is bare; the trees are bare.
- With head uncovered; bareheaded.
- Without anything to cover up or conceal one's thoughts or
actions; open to view; exposed.
- Plain; simple; unadorned; without polish; bald; meager.
- Destitute; indigent; empty; unfurnished or scantily
furnished; -- used with of (rarely with in) before the thing wanting or
taken away; as, a room bare of furniture.
- Threadbare; much worn.
- Mere; alone; unaccompanied by anything else; as, a bare
- To strip off the covering of; to make bare; as, to bare the
- Surface; body; substance.
- That part of a roofing slate, shingle, tile, or metal plate,
which is exposed to the weather.
- Bore; the old preterit of Bear, v.
- of Bear