- To utter words indistinctly or unintelligibly; to utter
inarticulate sounds; as a child babbles.
- To talk incoherently; to utter unmeaning words.
- To talk much; to chatter; to prate.
- To make a continuous murmuring noise, as shallow water
running over stones.
- To utter in an indistinct or incoherent way; to repeat,
as words, in a childish way without understanding.
- To disclose by too free talk, as a secret.
- Idle talk; senseless prattle; gabble; twaddle.
- Inarticulate speech; constant or confused murmur.