- To render fit, suitable, or correspondent; to
adapt; to conform; as, to accommodate ourselves to circumstances.
- To bring into agreement or harmony; to reconcile;
to compose; to adjust; to settle; as, to accommodate differences, a
- To furnish with something desired, needed, or
convenient; to favor; to oblige; as, to accommodate a friend with a
loan or with lodgings.
- To show the correspondence of; to apply or make
suit by analogy; to adapt or fit, as teachings to accidental
circumstances, statements to facts, etc.; as, to accommodate prophecy
- To adapt one's self; to be conformable or adapted.
- Suitable; fit; adapted; as, means accommodate to end.